Pages

Thursday 20 October 2011

Polar Pals






Why is it that I always get inspiration for a card when I really should be doing something else? Well here it is. After taking delivery of my new goodies from the catalogue (and once I'd got round to mounting all the stamp sets) I had to have a play with these two sets, Varsity alphabet and the really cute Polar Pals. Apologies if I cause anyone offence by using 'XMAS' rather than 'Christmas' however I would have needed a very large card to fit the proper spelling on! It looks quite complicated but believe me it is easy with a few strategically placed post-it notes and a stamp-a-ma-jig. All the images are from Polar Pals (and these aren't all the stamps in the set) the 'xmas' is the varsity alphabet and the 'merry' is from another current set whose name escapes me at the moment -sorry. I started by stamping the large letters in a new In-Colour, Lucky Limeade, then after cutting some letters from post-it notes to use as a mask I stamped the penguins, stockings and candy canes and finally the trees which are all on one stamp. All the images were coloured using a blender pen and some Dazzling Diamonds were added around the card for some sparkle. This idea could also be used for a personalised card with 'Merry Christmas' on the banner and a name in place of the large lettering. I am going to enter this card for the St.Luke's Charity Card Challenge, whose theme this month is 'Masculine' as I think it would make a great card for a "Little Man".
The Varsity alphabet is a considered purchase but did you know that, with the new Hostess Benefits, if you place an order for £300 you can purchase ANY item in the catalogue at a 50% reduction as well as £50 Hostess Pounds to spend on whatever you like in any current catalogue*? So why not host a workshop or, if you prefer, collect orders from friends and place the order with me. What have you got to lose?
(* Hostess Pounds cannot be used to purchase your 50% item and 50% item does not count towards your Workshop total)

7 comments:

  1. I think this is super!! Love the alphabet stamps - really bold! Sweet penguins too. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this so much!!!! FABULOUS!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE this card i have polar party and keep looking at it but doing nothing with it now i NEED the alpha too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just so lovely, it made me smile ! So interesting to see how everyone does so many different things with each new stamp set !
    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas card for a guy....a really fun card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I fell really behind with comments this month as October has been very hectic for me. This is a brilliant Christmas card - love the cute penguins and the US college alphabet will be really versitile.
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Tara (aka Craftilicious) x
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret - Thank you so much for the inspiration I got from this card. It made me ( and my son) very happy!!!!

    I just had to case...... see my effort here..... http://thecraftspa.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-polar-party-merry-penguins.html

    Now how many do I have to make!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...